Reliable protection for decorative precious metal surfaces
Umicore Antitarnish is a protective process for decorative precious metals. This absolutely transparent layer in the nanometer range protects the base material from oxidation, discoloration and mechanical stress. The colour and gloss are not affected. The coating is chemically resistant, dirt and water repellent and has a long life.
In addition, the product quality is increased by appropriate properties. Umicore Antitarnish, for example, not only creates a good feel but is also dirt and water repellent. It also protects against scratches and abrasion and allows subsequent grinding or polishing. The silver base material itself remains recyclable and the coating does not reduce its value.
All our protective coatings do not contain any environmentally harmful components such as solvents, CFCs, CHCs, hydrocarbons or chromium compounds. They are therefore biologically harmless.
Overview Umicore Protective Layers
All Umicore protective layers (technical and decorative) can be found on the overview page: Protective Layers for Precious Metal Surfaces
- Wide range of products enables targeted protection for a variety of applications
- Protects against corrosion, tarnishing, discoloration, dirt, abrasion and scratches
- Biologically harmless, skin-friendly and hypoallergenic
- Dirt- and water-repellent (reduces the fingerprint sensitivity of the surfaces)
- Electrochemical and electroless processes possible
- Optimized for rack and barrel applications
- Do not contain any environmentally harmful components such as solvents, CFCs, CHCs, hydrocarbons or chromium compounds.
- No influence on colour or gloss of the final layer
- Rings / Earrings
- Bracelets / ribbons