Reliable protection for technical precious metal surfaces
Umicore Sealing is a post-treatment process specially designed for technical precious metal surfaces. The result is a protective, transparent layer just a few nanometers thick. Depending on the application, this layer specifically prevents tarnishing, discoloration and corrosion.
In addition, the product quality is increased by appropriate properties. Umicore Sealing, for example, impresses with a significant reduction in the coefficient of friction, which results in a significant reduction in mating forces for plug contacts.
The technical layer properties, such as the contact resistance, are retained compared to an untreated surface. Subsequent processing (e.g. soldering) is also possible without hesitation.
All our protective coatings do not contain any environmentally harmful components such as solvents, CFCs, CHCs, hydrocarbons or chromium compounds. They are therefore biologically harmless.
Overview Umicore Protective Layers
All Umicore protective layers (technical and decorative) can be found on the overview page: Protective Layers for Precious Metal Surfaces
- Wide range of products enables targeted protection for a variety of applications
- Protects against corrosion, tarnishing, discoloration, dirt, abrasion and scratches
- Reduces insertion and withdrawal forces
- Electrochemical and electroless processes possible
- Optimized for rack, barrel and reel-to-reel systems
- Very short treatment times possible
- Easy to use
- Do not contain any environmentally harmful components such as solvents, CFCs,
- CHCs, hydrocarbons or chromium compounds
- No influence on colour or gloss of the final layer
- Plug connectors (also in the automotive sector)
- Lead frames
- Smart cards