Leading companies from many industries trust on our experience, competence and innovation power.
Do you need electroplating products for decorative or functional surfaces? We are the right partner: Layers with our electrolytes can be found in modern electronics and cars, on printed circuit boards and in mechanical engineering. Leading watch and jewellery manufacturers, producers of high quality writing instruments, leather and bag manufacturers and the clothing industry count on Umicore Electroplating products.
Based in Schwaebisch Gmuend, 200 employees – all skilled professionals – develop, produce and distribute products for perfect surfaces.
Umicore Electroplating develops, produces and distributes worldwide
- precious metal electrolytes (gold, silver, platinum, rhodium, ruthenium and palladium)
- non-precious metal electrolytes (such as copper-tin-zinc)
- precious metal compounds and
- dimensionally stable anodes
for electroplating and other fields of use.
In addition, we can platinum plate refractory metals (such as titanium, tungsten and niobium) in our high-temperature electrolysis system.
Our portfolio currently includes around 1,200 products.
Many product lines are proven for years: AURUNA®, ARGUNA®, MIRALLOY®, NIPHOS®, PALLUNA®, RHODUNA®, RUTHUNA® or anodes called PLATINODE®. We develop all series continuously.
Our team has direct contact with our customers and provides individual solutions. Our colleagues offer local support worldwide so that your customers are also satisfied.
- We recommend the most suitable electrolyte for the application: During our joint analysis, we often find better or cheaper alternatives.
- Umicore surface technicians optimize your processes.
- Our engineers design and produce environmentally-friendly high-performance anodes.
- Our analytical department checks your electrolytes.
- We are a 'recognized shipper' and can reliably deliver worldwide with the support of our logistics partners.
- Our research department develops new electrolytes.
- We know national and international guidelines and are up to date regarding global trends in environmental, occupational safety and health legislation.
Which challenges do you have for our 200 experts?