Umicore Antitarnish 616 PLUS
Antitarnish process for silver free from heavy metals
Umicore Antitarnish 616 is a medium based on nano-technology for protecting silver against tarnishing. Special nanopolymers absorb on the silver surface and cross-link to form a protective layer of a few nanometers thickness. The invisible layer protects the base material from oxidation and discoloration.
Through the additional use of Umicore Antitarnish 616 Makeup Salt PLUS, as well as the application of an electrical voltage, Umicore Antitarnish 616 can be applied even better and more securely to the surfaces to be protected. Thus, not only silver surfaces, but also other metallic surfaces can be protected from oxidation and discoloration. In comparison with antitarnish processes available on the market, it is possible to improve the resistance of protected silver surfaces enormously, e.g. in 2% K2S solutions.
- Antitarnish process for silver and other metallic surfaces
- Free from the Cr (VI) compounds restricted in use
- Biologically safe, skin-friendly and hypoallergenic
- Dirt and water repellent
- Reduces the fingerprint sensitivity of the surfaces
- Suitable for rack, barrel and continuous lines
Silver and other metallic surfaces