For Costume Jewellery
Copper-tin-(zinc) electrolytes as nickel-free alternatives
MIRALLOY® has been offering alternative nickel-free plating for fashion jewellery since 1981. With MIRALLOY®, electrolytes are used to deposit copper-tin or copper-tin(-zinc) coatings in rack and barrel plating. Depending on the electrolyte used, white or yellow layers can be deposited.
MIRALLOY® coatings stand out due to their excellent distribution of metal and, depending on the bath type, high tarnish resistance,
levelling, abrasion resistance and exceptional corrosion resistance. A further plating layer with gold, rhodium, palladium or other precious metals, as well as tarnish protection if required, can be added with the right pre-treatment to create optimal corrosion protection.
- Copper-tin-(zinc) alloy coatings of white or yellow colour
- Nickel-free (§27 of REACH, Ann. XVII, Reg. (EC) No 1907/2006, Standard 100 by OEKO-Tex®)
- Resistant to tarnishing and corrosion
- Excellent layer thickness distribution
- Can be lacquered
- Can be combined with precious metals
- Tried and tested process does not cause allergic reactions in the way that nickel does
- Costume jewellery
- Ear studs / earrings
- Wrist watches