Barrel and rack plating electrolyte for functional applications
MIRALLOY® has been offering nickel-free plating for the connector, clothing and fashion jewellery industries for more than 30 years. You can benefit from our experience and the ongoing development of our product range. The trademark MIRALLOY® comes from the English words “mirror“ and “alloy“. It refers to the Bronze Age, when copper and tin were used to make mirrored alloys.
MIRALLOY® denotes electroplating processes for the deposition of alloy coatings of copper and tin or of copper, tin and zinc. Depending on the electrolyte used, white or yellow layers can be deposited. You can choose electrolytes for rack and barrel plating from the wide range of MIRALLOY® processes available.
- White layer, similar to silver
- High reflectivity
- Good wear and corrosion protection
- Abrasion- and tarnish-resistant
- Can be combined with precious metals
- Good sliding properties
- High hardness
- Solderable and weldable
- Very good metal distribution
- Low porosity
- Free from heavy metals like CR, Pb, Co, Th etc.
- Low intermodulation
- Platings are RoHS-compliant
- High frequency connectors
- Battery covers
- Hydraulic parts
- Contact pins
- Cooling coils
- Bearing shells
- Conducting elements